Lake Monroe Sailing Association
The Lake Monroe Sailing Association invites all sailors members and nonmembers to participate in a Wednesday Night Tequila Race!
Dates: Every Wednesday from March 15th to November 1st for the 2023 calendar year.
2023 Sailing Instructions
The Lake Monroe Sailing Association invites all sailors, both members and non-members, to participate in a Wednesday Night Tequila Race sponsored by Altos Tequila.
Dates: Every Wednesday from March 15th until November 1st.
Time: If you are looking to crew, be down at the ramp by 5:30PM. If you are sailing, the starting window will be between 6:25:00P M and 6:30:00 PM (unless modified in the spring/fall per board decision changing racing rule 5/5.1).
- The Altos Tequila race course will change from week to week based on weather or other conditions. Please check for a posting on the east door of the LMSA Club House for the course for that night. The course will be posted on Facebook and on the door by 5:30 PM, the day of the race. Once a course is posted no course changes will be made. You must sign in before racing and post your score on vuduwave.com/lmsa out after racing. Entering your score will constitute signing out.
- Cross the starting line between 6:25:00 PM, and 6:30:00 PM. If you can’t get to the starting line by the end of the starting time window, you can start your race timer at 6:30 PM. You can then sail the proper course and submit you time for scoring. In addition, having started a race you can restart the race during the start time window if you choose, reset your race timer and start it again when you cross the start line.
- Keep your own elapsed time.
- Sign-out as soon as possible upon your return to the dock. It is your responsibility to sign out or you will not be scored. With your smartphone, open your browser and go to vuduwave.com/lmsa and find your skipper/boat name and enter your time (ex: 1.04.25 or 48.14 or DNF).
- After successfully signing out, go to the designated establishment for the refreshments of your choice, scoring, and awards. If due to an incident on the water during the race a sailor would like to participate in our informal rules protest process, they may fill out a protest form at the post race gathering place. An anonymous, informal, non binding review and opinion will be provided by committee members for learning purposes only.
- Remember our Sponsor and have a Altos Tequila.
- If you haven’t already submitted your score. Report your time to the official scorer. He will most likely be behind a laptop computer. You may write your time on the sign out sheet provided.
- Giveaways will be awarded that day via a drawing. Skipper or appointed crew member must be present to accept the giveaways. If nobody from the boat is available, a new winner will be drawn.
- Rule changes as of 6-9-2021
- Non-members are encouraged to join our Wednesday Altos Tequila and Sunday Jameson races and post race antics, but will not be eligible to win bottle prizes or fleet winner stickers.
- Non-member boats will not be scored with the member boats.
- We are returning to the normal “must be present to win” rule for awards. That means a crew member or skipper must be present at the prize drawing to receive a prize.
The Wednesday Night Tequila Race will be governed by the rules as defined in US Sailing -The Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2021.
Having signed-in, completed the course in the designated time window, and signed-out, competitors may enter by submitting their name, boat type, sail number and elapsed time to be scored.
- Notices to Competitors
Notices to competitors will be posted on the official notice board located at the east door of the LMSA Club House by 1730 Eastern Standard Time the day of the race. Each Sailor and crew member must fill out a 2021 liability waiver form. This waiver will be valid for any races in the 2021 season. Failure to fill out the form may result in a DNS score for the race.
- Signals Made Ashore
Signals made ashore will be displayed from the flagpole located at the LMSA club house. Each Wednesday, the course and any instructions will be posted on the Clubhouse East door no later than 5:30 PM
- Start Time
The start time for a competitor of the Tequila Race will be between 18:25:00- 18:30:00 Eastern Daylight Time. Unless posted on the Notice Board.
5.1 Competitors that start early or are over late may be scored DSQ.
- Courses and Marks
Refer to Notices to competitors for time and location of course posting. See attached link for complete listing of possible courses. Tequila Race, Course Diagrams, GPS location of commonly used marks
There is no time limit to the Wednesday Night Tequila Race, however giveaways will be awarded at the scorer’s time discretion.
All competitors are required to turn in an elapsed time to the scorer. Corrected times will be calculated using the current Portsmouth Yardstick handicap available to members of US Sailing at the US Sailing website. Fastest corrected time is the winner of the race. At least two boats must sail the course for the race to be scored and giveaways to be awarded.
After scoring is completed, a non-competitor will pick a chip which will have the finishing order on one side. The competitors finishing order number picked will be awarded a bottle of Altos Tequila or any other prize offered by LMSA’s sponsors. Skipper or appointed crew member must be present to win.
- Disclaimer of Liability
Competitors participate in the Wednesday Night Tequila Race entirely at their own risk. See Rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury, or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the Wednesday Night Tequila Race.
- Media Rights
Competitors, coaches and support personnel give absolute right and permission to LMSA for the use and publication of any photography, video footage or audio recordings taken during the event. Lake Monroe Sailing Association