Catalina 22 Region 3 Championship and San Juan 21 Southern Challenge
March 4th & 5th 2023
Lake Monroe Sailing Association SANFORD, FLORIDA
1.1. The event is governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing.
- SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
2.1. The sailing instructions will consist of the instructions in RRS Appendix S, Standard
Sailing Instructions, and supplementary sailing instructions that will be on the official notice board located at east doorway at the Lake Monroe Sailing Association.
3.1. While racing, except in an emergency, a boat shall not make voice or data
transmissions and shall not receive voice or data communication that is not
available to all boats. 3.2.
- ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
- 4.1. The event is open to all Region 3 Catalina 22 and San Juan 21 that conform to their respective class rules.
- 4.2. Inspections of may occur at anytime during the event to ensure compliance to class rules
- 4.3. Boats may enter the event by registering online at https://www.regattanetwork.com/event/25719
- 4.4. To be considered an entry in the event, a boat shall complete all registration requirements and pay all fees.
- FEES 5.1. Entry fee is $60.00
- ADVERTISING 6.1. Boats may be required to display advertising chosen and supplied by the organizing authority.
7.1. Saturday, March 4th
- 7.1.1. 0900 – 1000 Registration at LMSA Club House
- 7.1.2. 1030 Skippers Meeting
- 7.1.3. 1155 First Warning
On the water, the race committee will make courtesy broadcasts to competitors on
VHF radio. The channel will be stated in the SIs.
7.1.4. 1900 Hollerbach’ Willow Tree Café
18.104.22.168. Optional Dinner.
22.214.171.124. Teams may decide to dine elsewhere
7.2. Sunday, March 5th
7.2.1. 0955 First Warning
126.96.36.199. No Races after 1400 7.2.2. Awards Following racing
8.1. Lake Monroe located in Sanford Florida.
9.1. The course and the marks used will be discussed during the Skipper’s Meeting and available on the SI supplement the day of racing.
- PENALTY SYSTEM
10.1. RRS 44.3 is changed so that the Two-Turn Penalty is replaced by the One-Turn Penalty.
11.1. Appendix A as prescribed in the RRS 90.3(a).
11.2. One race is required to be completed to constitute a series.
11.3. When five races or fewer have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total
of her race scored.
11.4. When from six to eight races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the
total of her race scores excluding her worst score. 12. RISK STATEMENT
12.1. RRS 3 states: ‘The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue to race is hers alone.’ By participating in this event each competitor agrees and acknowledges that sailing is a potentially dangerous activity with inherent risks. These risks include strong winds and rough seas, sudden changes in weather, failure of equipment, boat handling errors, poor seamanship by other boats, loss of balance on an unstable platform and fatigue resulting in increased risk of injury. Inherent in the sport of sailing is the risk of permanent, catastrophic injury or death by drowning, trauma, hypothermia, or other causes.
- 13.1. Email the Lake Monroe Sailing Association at email@example.com 13.1.1. Phone 321-578-8364
- 13.2. Catalina 22 Fleet 13.2.1. Rich Gailey at firstname.lastname@example.org 188.8.131.52. Phone 407-595-7447
- 13.3. San Juan 21 Fleet
13.3.1. Mike Loughlin at email@example.com 184.108.40.206. Phone 407-489-0862